View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: I'll put this here: '81 K20 grill and headlight bezels , Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP7 View Post
Who sells the best quality '81 K20 grill and headlight bezels

Didnt get any responses elsewhere

Anyone buy from The Truck Shop of Orange?
First question asks who sells the best quality. Then you asked about The Truck Shop. I explained, first, the truck shop is the selling (retail) end of the manufacturer named Counterpart. One in the same. Second I explained if Counterpart makes this part, that will be what The Truck Shop is selling. Are you following so far?

Other vendors will also be selling Counterpart because Counterpart is a wholesaler to vendors. The only way to know is ask the vendor who makes their part. Because the next question is, does another company also make this part. With many parts they are too costly to develop unless they have the entire market. Say like GMC core supports. Once one company invests in development costs and putting it on the market, it's not worth producing for anyone else. So all vendors, even those who have a manufacturing side, will be selling some products produced by someone else.

It's simple as this. You need to be asking about brand not vendor. You need to find out if there are options. If there are, which is best, then who can you buy it from. The vendor has nothing to do with the quality of the part.

I imagine for Squarebodies there will be multiple manufacturers. These trucks are new enough that they always had strong aftermarket crash parts support since new, even when factory parts were in stock. Not so many years ago I asked a higher-up at The Truck Shop when they were going to get into Squarebody stuff, which they had not yet started offering. And this was once the Swuarebodies had taken off. He said it wasn't worth it since they had such strong existing aftermarket support. I guess their thoughts on that changed, if they now sell newer than '72 parts.

If you can't follow all that, then just know this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Keep on asking to find out what your options are as far as manufacturer, then find out who sells that brand. Asking about a vendor is step 2 not step 1

I think you will get the best answers in the 73-87 forum since that is all trucks, not just 4wds.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote