View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #55
RocketKing

Re: LS swappers, post up your pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglia10 View Post
looks great! what steps and products were used?
I cleaned nearly every thing with Purple Power, water, soft bristle scrub brush, rag and elbow grease. It was amazing how well it cleaned, just don't leave it on too long before washing off with water.
I used Duplicolor Chrysler Silver Met. on the water pump, a/c, pulleys, tranny and accessories.
I used the high heat Duplicolor primer on the engine and then ordered Corvette Torch Red in a aerosol can, then finished up with high heat clear gloss for the shiny.
I used Rustoleam Industrial Semi-Gloss black on the metal parts and gloss black paint made specifically for plastics...I will get the name and edit later.
I used a flat black high heat for the exhaust manifolds, can't remember the name...maybe VHT or something like that.
All of the paint was bought off the shelf from O'Reilly with the exception of the Torch Red which they ordered for me and had the next day.

Gotta be careful witht the GM colors special order spray cans, the paint flows reeeal thin. Better to take your time with multiple coats to avoid runs. IMHO

Last edited by RocketKing; 01-27-2011 at 11:36 AM.
RocketKing is offline   Reply With Quote