View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #44
cebra

Re: Vintage Air Top Mount Squeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
This approach worked! It was tough getting it on the water pump and I had to take it off the new Kwik idler pulley first and then pry it back on after it was on the water pump pulley. Works and no squeak! There’s room now between the pulleys. Thanks!
What belt and tensioner are you using? I put a new alternator on mine as I thought it may have bearing issues....belt squeal just got louder. Thus far I have tried 2 different tensioners, 2 belts (Gates K061115-111.29" and K061123-112.37") and I just ordered K061120-111.99" as 1123 is too long (squeal on acceleration) and K061115 is too short (had to pry on and it squealed constantly), and more shims and adjustments than I can even recall. I still think the tensioner is too weak for such a long belt, I can move it by hand. My Audi 4 banger has a much more robust tensioner and the original GM tensioner for the long belt was very robust. I have over 20 hours and $150 in belts/tensioners in trying to get this thing to work.

On a side note, every time I request a refund from Vintage Air they send me to Kwik. The Kwik folks said they had a new prototype to fix issues and would send me one but never have. I am getting pretty annoyed that VA keeps sending me to Kwik when VA is the one that sold me the kit.

Last edited by cebra; 11-11-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: update inquiry
cebra is offline   Reply With Quote