View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #60
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

Took some time yesterday to try and figure out the speedo. Pulled the cluster, looked things over, tried to read a signal from the PCM with the wheels off the ground. Yes, it's getting something, no, I can't see the details with a simple multimeter. Apparently if you have an older-style needle sweep meter, you can see the pulses, but not with my digital one.

With a bluetooth dongle in the OBD port, and an app on my iPad, the PCM is registering speed, so the sender from the transmission seems fine.

I throw my hands up and figure bad board or I screwed something up and walk away from the cluster.

Took the rest of the day to replace the front brake hoses since my truck has been pulling slightly to one side since the beginning of the year. Should have done that while the motor was out... lord.

So I put the cluster back together, put it in so at least I can see my fuel level, and take the truck for a spin to test the brakes out.

Speedometer works. What. The. Heck.

Drove it around the block, came back and pulled into my driveway, there's a slight bump there - thump - needle drops to 0. Doh. Ok, gotta figure out a loose connection now.

But hey! It works. Worked. For a little. I count that as a win.

Then I parked and the lower radiator hose clamp which apparently wasn't quite tight enough decided to barf all over the driveway. Of course it did. One of these days I'm going to get this thing housebroken.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote