Thread: Other Location Not Listed paypal gift option on sales.
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #53
paulspickupparts

Re: paypal gift option on sales.

I absorb all of the paypal fees . I feel it is honestly worth it . Fast shipping with the ease of printing labels. This does incur a little more risk for the seller but security for the buyer . If you buy a diamond and instead receive a piece of coal there is no recourse if using friends and family payment option. After all in paypal's eyes you just sent a "friend" some money . You never bought anything to avoid fees . Sadly many buyers have found ways to scam sellers . Like this .The the item is perfect when receivedf by buyer . The buyer can say the item is not as received. Paypal says return to seller . Buyer puts a brick in the box and sends it to you . Paypal now has a tracking # and will refund the buyer . In some cases before you even receive the brick. You do not have to refund the buyer , paypal has done it for you . And good luck presenting your case to paypal. Sigh

As far as fees, paypal does not charge 2.9% . It is 2.9% plus a transaction fee . On low dollar items the transaction fee plus 2.9 usually hits about 4 to 5 % Also the fees are also placed on shipping . So add a few more % there. Usually my fees on average sales are between 5 and 10 dollars per sale . So if you ship a thousand packages a year using paypal that is $5000-$10000 in fees that you have to come up with .

As far as people that use the friends deal that is up to them. Just remember when paypal loses enough money it will very quietly disappear.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote