Thread: Other Location Not Listed paypal gift option on sales.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #54
70LonghornCST

Re: paypal gift option on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1vintage69 View Post
Buyers sellers goods and services exchanged. members don't write the rules. I must say it's nice not to pay an extra 3% especially on big ticket items. My little brother Gunner is a good friend so we never pay the fee. lol
If you have a "friend" that is also a board member, you'd sell the part to them how you would when not on the site. I've sent money to my friends electronically on many occasions. I guess to tie this question to the board, I'm imagining that if you have a friend who wanted a part you have the part listed on the board, you'd post "sold locally" when your friend expressed interest and the "friend" would/should not post on the board that he/she wanted the part. Since the board is used for sales, we go by the standard that sales require taxes. If you want to give your friend a part, and he/she is so happy they feel like sending you cash to make you smile , I would venture to say the parts board is not a place for that sort of transaction (tongue in cheek throughout post) That's about the best I can explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
I absorb all of the paypal fees . I feel it is honestly worth it . Fast shipping with the ease of printing labels. This does incur a little more risk for the seller but security for the buyer . If you buy a diamond and instead receive a piece of coal there is no recourse if using friends and family payment option. After all in paypal's eyes you just sent a "friend" some money . You never bought anything to avoid fees . Sadly many buyers have found ways to scam sellers . Like this .The the item is perfect when receivedf by buyer . The buyer can say the item is not as received. Paypal says return to seller . Buyer puts a brick in the box and sends it to you . Paypal now has a tracking # and will refund the buyer . In some cases before you even receive the brick. You do not have to refund the buyer , paypal has done it for you . And good luck presenting your case to paypal. Sigh

As far as fees, paypal does not charge 2.9% . It is 2.9% plus a transaction fee . On low dollar items the transaction fee plus 2.9 usually hits about 4 to 5 % Also the fees are also placed on shipping . So add a few more % there. Usually my fees on average sales are between 5 and 10 dollars per sale . So if you ship a thousand packages a year using paypal that is $5000-$10000 in fees that you have to come up with .

As far as people that use the friends deal that is up to them. Just remember when paypal loses enough money it will very quietly disappear.
I share your philosophy
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard