View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
Davidf

LS Swap: Introduction, newbie, planning...

So, I just finished the rust repair, body and paint, and interior restoration (71, Cheyenne long). Suspension was rebuilt a few years ago. Now that all that is in great shape, my attention has turned to doing something about the tired old sbc 350 with factory air.

So, of course, what else to do but drop in an LS! I have been reading up on how I want to accomplish the task and recently found my donor vehicle. My neighbor is getting rid of his 2001 Tahoe (about 150k miles) and will sell me the entire vehicle for about $1k. So, LM7 has been sourced.

I think I will leave the engine stock for now and just get it installed and running. Of course, I will reseal the bottom end before installing. My truck has a 700R4 currently, but that will go in favor of the 2001 Tahoe trans (assuming 4L60E). Also, I will keep my in cab fuel tank.

So, any advice on engine mounts (want to keep factory stands, if possible) that will allow me to keep the LS a/c compressor, fuel system, etc. would be appreciated. I have done a lot of research and have ideas on all this, but hearing it again is never a bad idea. Also, I will use this thread to post progress...hopefully.

With that said, I probably won't start the project for a few weeks as I am still collecting data and don't have my neighbors vehicle yet...

Thanks in advance. Oh, I want this truck super reliable, able to pull a 4000 lb trailer all day long as far as I want to go, etc.

Last edited by Davidf; 03-23-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote