View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #21
TrybalRage

Re: LS Swap: Introduction, newbie, planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
Ok, I agree. I have decided to go the Hooker Blackheart route. Some say the truck oil pan will clear and can keep the low mount a/c compressor. I’ll start with mounts and crossmember and go from there.

I also want to ditch the two piece driveshaft in favor of one piece. I just cannot seem to find a carrier bearing that lasts any appreciable length of time.

Neighbor took delivery of his new Tahoe, so I get the 2001 Tahoe this weekend....

A few planning decisions/updates:
1. Will do the wiring harness myself and send ECM to LT1swap.com
2. Plan on using and connecting cruise control from donor.
3. Leaning toward blackheart exhaust, but this may change.
4. Will use all my stock gauges so will use the Dakota Digital speedometer drive.
5. Will upgrade a/c to fixed orifice tube, so will use the donor a/c compressor an utilized "ac request" input signal and compressor control output from ECM. Will control condenser fans from relay so always on when ac on.
6. May try to implement condenser fans turn on via fan2 from ECM based on engine temp needs
7. Will keep mechanical fan.
8. Keeping stock in cab fuel tank.
9. External fuel pump.
10. One piece driveshaft
11. Keep donor air filter box...move battery to left side.
12. Mount ECM under hood.
13. Use aftermarket fuse/relay box to accommodate: all added fuses, fuel pump relay, main power relay, headlight relays, a/c compressor relay, and fan relays.
14. Still planning on resealing the bottom of the LS engine. Will wait on valley cover, knock sensors, and water pump.
15. Drill water pump for steam line and water temp sending unit for stock gauges (in lieu of right side cylinder head in case of Dakota Digital gauges in future).

Wish list:
1. Utilize low oil level switch to activate idiot light in fuel gauge (regardless, will keep the oil level circuit when cleaning up LS harness).
2. Dakota Digital gauges: So, will keep a few circuits in LS harness (oil pressure for example).
3. Tow/haul feature: Will keep wire/pin 71 when cleaning up harness. Add momentary button somewhere under bottom edge of dash or maybe in glove box light hole.

Anybody have an other ideas on what I should plan for, add, or just thoughts?
I used summit racing manifolds on mine, great fit, seems like great quality. Cheaper than Hooker.

15. Not sure of your logic here, you can put in a 3 wire sensor from a 98 Camaro and have both temp inputs for the PCM and for the gauge.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote