View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 07:02 PM   #857
Arne

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
The other thing to note is that you must reduce the pressure from the pump. Stock GM is 1200 to 1300 lbs and the typical rack wants 800. They sell what the call a ford pressure pump that is for GM, this has the reduced pressure or you can buy the reducing valve that installs into the pump. In my case though, I need the higher pressure for the Hydroboost, but then need to reduce it, so I had to buy the Heidts valve to be able to adjust he pressure to the rack as I like. It has been an adventure learning all this about the pump, hydorboost and a rack system .
You may want to look at the pressure info and specs again. The "typical" rack conversion that requires pressure reduction to ~800 psi is the old hot rodder favorite Pinto/Mustang II rack. The POL rack for our trucks is based on a mid-90's Dodge Dakota, and should be fine with the higher pressure. I emailed POL tech support and Erick confirmed that the higher pressure from the Saginaw-type pump was fine with their rack, no pressure reduction needed.

覧覧覧覧覧覧
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote