View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 12:21 PM   #860
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Ok, so I got the steering rods, universal joints and heim joint installed, routed and completed, well for now until I do the tear down for paint. Once I got it worked out, it went together really nicely.
BUT Then I tried to fit the new Radiator support and new fenders onto the new inner fender wells. OH DAMN, the fitment sucked! The Rad support went on fairly easily at first... then after close inspection... ya not so well. There (as expected) alot of adjustments, cleaning burrs, hammer and dolly need, and such to get it to fit, but it really does fit now. The main issue was the damn lower Radiator support bushing! There was 1.5" gap where the two main rad. bolts and bushings sit! I bought the bushing mount kit for this and it was only about 1/2" thick, leaving 1" of open space, UNTIL I tried to install the fenders, and figured out that the inner fenders need some persuading.. But, after test fitting the old fender I found that most of the issue is with the inner fender, not outer fender. Anyways, after some slight adjustments with the inner fender... they all mounted up rather nicely and the Rad support bushing kit worked great... now! LOL
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote