View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #27
GoaterAz

Re: Question for the guys with OEM 71-72 sport mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
OK, at the risk of being booed off, I’ll offer this. If you can see your quarter panels, or close to it while seated your blind spots are not covered. To adjust the mirrors to get the blind spots covered, sit in driver’s seat and lean your head to the left until it just touches window, adjust mirror until you can just see the rear edge of the rear quarter. Then lean inboard about the same amount, should be about centered in the car, and adjust the passenger’s side mirror. When viewing all three mirrors you want the smallest amount of overlap possible. This method will all but eliminate the blind spots.
I'm right there with you, Lee. That's exactly what I learned online and it felt really goofy at first but it's the only way to eliminate blind spots. You learn to trust it with time.

I was disappointed when I first started reading this thread because those were the mirrors that I planned on installing, but I thought people were complaining that they couldn't open them up far enough, but after learning the opposite, these might be pefect for me! lol.

I'd really like to hear from someone that has these, adjust them as described above and see how you like them. Be warned, it feels like your shoes are on the wrong feet at first, lol.

Me neither.
GoaterAz is offline   Reply With Quote