View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 11:30 AM   #31
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

At some point in my truck's life, someone painted over the inside of the glove box and therefore the options sticker. I never cared much because about half of it is cut out but I figured I would try my best to scrape off some of the paint to see if anything was legible below.

I used my heat gun and a razor just to scrap away a little at a time, it does not really work well because the sticker underneath is very fragile but a couple things are almost legible.

From what i've seen in other pictures, the last code on the right column is typically the paint code. I've always assumed my truck was 514 red because it is red, but has probably been resprayed numerous times.

Anyway, what I can make out on the bottom right of the sticker is 'ED CUSTO' which i'm guessing is 'RED CUSTOM'. My initial thought was this is an interior code for either a seat color. But I am confused because I thought the exterior paint code should be the last one listed. I can also see what looks like a 'DE' in the option column next to 'RED CUSTOM'. I don't see any numbers there though

The original color on the inside of the glove box door is definitely a dark red/maroon because i can see it where i scraped through the whole sticker. Not sure if that helps decode anything?
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote