View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
mr48chev

Re: “Quiet” performance mufflers

Jweb hit on one very important thing, the tail pipes have to exit behind the rear wheels and out from under the truck under the rear bumper or to the corner doesn't matter that much sound wise but it has to be behind the rear tire.

71/72 Cad Deville muffler has a 2-1/2 inch inlet and 2-1/4 inch outlet and the body is 18 inches long Link for specs and measurements https://www.carid.com/walker/soundfx...mpn-18390.html

One would be quiet two should be quiet but let the exhaust flow and have some sound.

I have tinnitus pretty bad too. At least bad enough to run out side to see what all the birds are doing in the trees only to find that there aren't any birds in the tree. It's been pretty good lately and thinking about it I haven't done anything that has made all that much noise in the past few days. My daily driver BMW 528I is real quiet even though it likes to cruise at 80 when you aren't supposed to cruise at 80. I can relate to the loud noise loud exhaust thing. Mine from firing a machine gun in scout helicopters for a year and using my air chisel without hearing protection for too long.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote