Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #6789
kipps

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Wow, you guys really like this rig that much? I honestly don't know what to say. (for once)
Without a doubt, it's the best-known squarebody on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
thanks, sounds like a great idea, though I will weep like a baby if they decide to C notch it, and document it all for us to see on here, ha ha
Eh, I don't know. I think it would be pretty cool if someone C-notched it, sells it to someone else who converts it to a lifted k10, then another owner reverts it back to a stock-height c10.

The more iterations a truck goes through, the more "street-cred" it has. Rusty has already had quite a few different versions already, particularly in his drivetrain.

To illustrate, two of the most iconic trucks on our farm look nothing like their factory-original configuration. There's a 1960 c30 that started out life as a dually flatbed truck. It was shortened to pickup length, the duals were removed, and a pickup box was fitted. It was driven to Alaska and back with a homemade slide-in camper, then sold to our family as a beat-around farm truck. The second truck started out life as an early-40's Ford schoolbus. Sometime in the early 50's, the schoolbus body was scrapped, a 1940's Ford truck cab was fitted instead, and the really long chassis was fitted with a flatbed and stake sides. It was used for a move from Kansas to Virginia, then hauled silage for many years before getting parked. I've got a 8BA flathead lined up to replace the locked up flathead.

Also to illustrate, the most well-rounded and interesting people are the ones who have had a diverse range of careers. They mastered one, then moved on to the next. They flopped out of that one, and moved on to another. Etc. Etc.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote