View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #41
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Yet another spray paint comparison thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
What you need is a large surface...like a old hood...lay it out in grids..say 8x8ins.or.10x10ins..then you'll have all the colors and shades on one panel
Hey Greg I really appreciate all your feedback so please don't stop, however we will disagree from time to time. This is one of those times.

I recall a while ago the wife and I bringing home paint sample squares from Home Depot and holding them up to our walls in our newly built clinically white house. Then we picked our favorite colors and painted the walls with them, sat back and said WTF these colors do not look good here at all, unlike the squares did, ha ha

Same goes for what I am doing with car paint, I know it is wasteful and time consuming, but I played the tape off small sections and paint them different colors or textures game before and it just doesn't work for me, more power to you all if it works for you, but if it doesn't you're not alone, ha ha

I need to paint an entire darn piece in order for my eyes and pea sized brain to compare them in their entire glory, in this case it also works out since I just happen to have two inner fenders, that doesn't work for hoods (know what I mean)

there are different shapes and bends and twists that you can only pick up on the different hues if you cover the entire piece, a flat perfect square or rectangle can lie to you, and by you I mean me

so not renting, just telling you all where i am coming from, hope this helps
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote