View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
bowmans_army

Re: 1955 big back window named RUSTY cummins to be......

so the first thing i did was take the cab off the frame and chop the nice bent rusty frame up saving the part the cab mounts to so i could make a cab dolly. Once in my garage i assessed the rust and priced out the patch panels and figured out what i could fix myself i bought new steps rockers door hinge pockets so far then i decided to take care of the cowl vent kick panel mess and floor myself. cut all the rust out started on the drives side first. dont know why the hell chevy designed the **** that way retarded. so i cut it all out and got rid of the vent the vent bubble piece thing. and will fill in the cowl vent in front of the window so there will be no more vent and the water that follows with it here is what i did to take care of the rust and get rid of the vent when i do the body swap i am going to run the wiring trough there and along the inner fender this is how far i got and what it will be like better than chevy stock for what i want plus as you can see it was all but gone with rust anyways i figure one less 55 chevy going to the scrap yard im saving this one for the future its a good feeling. of course this is going to be built to my needs so it is what it is what i want. more tomorrow.

and here are some of the floor i still have yet to fix gonna make/ fix the front supports myself gonna be slow but steady my friend is bringing me doors fenders windows and the interior from oregon in a few weeks.

and one of my toy
bowmans_army is offline   Reply With Quote