Thread: slamburban
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #284
fredscarryall

Re: slamburban

i havent been doing much to the suburban lately.i order an original style coated cardboard headliner.the plan is to take it to the uphostery shop in the next few weeks and get them cover in the same blue vinyle that the seats are done in.as far as the cut outs. i blew a fuse the first time i used them.i had to drive with open exhaust until i got to a friends house for about ten miles ,hoping i wouldnt see a cop. for some reason the factory had an in line 5 amp mini fuse. once i replace it with a normal size fuse block and a 20 amp fuse.i havent had a problem.after i get the headliner done.i am going to get the hood louvered.i dont think theres not enough air flow in the engine bay and once the outside temp get up to about 80 it knocks pretty hard. my tune guy said it might be to much static heat. i thought he was full of crap.but when its under 70 outside it runs perfect.i figure it may be worth a try for less then $100.anyone have any ideas beside timing or air fuel mixure?has anyone had simliar problems?
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote