Thread: My 66 Project
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #160
ChrisDollins

Re: My 66 Project

The carb install was pretty straight forward, but had to get a little creative. I was hoping to turn the carb 90* from normal and keep the original linkage that lifted up on the throttle cam. But the Holley works backwards from the original Rochester. Luckily I found some steel rod the same size as the original linkage and bent it around to work. The Holley has a return spring on its self, but I put the original one back on the pedal lever as well. So far it has worked really well. I had to drill the holes larger and grind on the adapter pretty good to clear the vacuum port on the intake and a lever that hung down on the carb. But other than that it went right on. Bought a cool 12" oval finned air cleaner that ended up hitting the booster. So time for a smaller booster. I drove it locally for about 3 weeks here and there. Then decided to drive it to work (100mi round trip). Almost there and it started missing and giving trouble. On the way home it ran really rough and I was afraid the missing problem was back. Picked up a new intake/exhaust gasket and was going to change it. Started pulling it apart and found the cap I used to cover the vacuum port had split big time. Replaced that and it's back to running good. Getting new exhaust put on Friday. Anyways, I think that's about all that has happened. I did put in a modern relay/fuse block for the accessories and cleaned up the wiring some. It could still use more work though.
Attached Images

ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote