View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #124
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
Great pictures, and you are doing a great job: interestingly I am in the exact same stage of my project 68. I too am perhaps putting more thought into it than I should and am really just taking it as a learning experience. Your cuts and welds are nicer nonetheless.

I've been thinking, if I were to do it all over again - because I will, I have a few more trucks - would I just replace the entire floor pan? I think to be honest that I might. It would be much easier, and and only marginally more expensive than all the patch panels I got going.

My most hated part of my project is the cab supports, man I understand why people go with the slip ons. A new floor with those already integrated is really tempting.

I will follow your project with great interest!

Hi Dave!
I hear what you are saying! My thought process was to keep as much GM metal as possible. Fortunately for me, my floor was in pristine condition except for the inner/outer rockers. My cab supports were solid as the day they rolled off the Fremont assembly line. :-)

I can definitely see why doing a full floor replacement would be the best way to go in many cases.

I have almost 175 man hours in the cab now.....many of those hours were redoing stuff that didn't reall matter. I spent way too much time on stuff that will be covered by dynamat and carpet. But, like my daddy always said....anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time. However, I don't think he factored in my severe OCD....LOL!

Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote