View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #5
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 06 chevy express codes

Sorry guys, I did not get any notifications that anyone had responded. Been super busy this week and just threw the van in the shop to take a look at it today. I had a friend come over and throw his new Snap on scanner on and it is also throwing PO300 random misfire which he was able to confirm it was on cylinders 5 & 6. He also showed it is throwing a PO101 for the MAF and it is way out of range . The van has close to 190K on it now so I am going to go ahead and purchase all 8 coil packs, new MAF sensor and all 4 O2 sensors. The plugs & wires has less than 6k miles on them since I replaced them.

I am kinda stuck with fixing this one since I found out yesterday from the boom manufacturer that GM products are no longer authorized to run these booms after 2007 model year due to GM changing center of gravity and adding traction control to the vans. Only other option would be switching to a Ford which means all new mounting kit for the boom and engine driven pump or buying a whole new rig. A new rig is 90K (not happening) and to swap the boom, buy the mounting kit and purchase another van (with all cost associated with registering the van) make it a no brainer for me to just rebuild what i have including a new motor if need be. Even if I have to replace the cats, it appears rock auto has everything for about $800.

The eone thing I have not liked with this van since dy one is no cruise control but I found out I can add it for roughly $400 so that is going to happen as well once I get these gremlins in order.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote