View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 07:36 AM   #11
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 06 chevy express codes

man what an ordeal this has been and still not done. Took van to dealer they gave estimate of $2100 to replace just the right side cats. Said it could double if the lefts ended up being restricted as well but they would not know until after changing the right side. I had to decline the work at that cost. Brought van back home. Found exact cat setup on rock auto and bought left side, right side, stainless muffler & tailpipe including next day shipping for $1400. This was last Thursday, everything was supposed to be here Friday and I would have the weekend to get it all on. Friday comes and everything shows up except for the left side cats, grrr. Finally find out they missed the baltimore transfer and did not get to Salisbury station until late Friday. no huge deal yet since they were open Saturday 10-2 I just went over and picked it up. I get back to the shop get the old system removed. Pull all the cats out of the boxes only to discover that the factory put a right side cat system in the left cat boxing so now I am sitting here with 2 right side cat assemblies. Have you ever tried to "talk" to someone at Rock Auto? After going thru their automated return system I was finally able to at least come up with an email address for them to explain the situation in greater detail. Someone actually answered on Sunday saying the new part would ship yesterday next day air and sorry for the issue. I emailed back to see if they could open the new box to verify that the part they are sending me matches the picture on the website to which they replied the warehouse will not do that. So the new part is supposed to be here today with a 50/50 shot of being the correct part this time. Based on this picture I am surprised this thing actually ran at all. I am just hoping it takes care of the issues.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote