View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: ‘74 C-30 Dually Front Suspension Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexasrob View Post
Hi all, first post to the site, came to the forums because I can’t find answers to the questions I have. Guess that’s what I get for “needing” a dually. Anyways, let’s jump into it. Truck in question is a ‘74 C-30 dually longbed that originally had the 350 and a “four” speed.

1) What differences are there between the C-30 and C-10 front suspension member? How different are the control arms?

2) Do I need to shorten/modify the front suspension member to lay the truck flat on rails, or will control arms and drop spindles handle it? It seems that the front member sticks down too far to set the truck flat.

3) Any resources for or members here that fabricate custom control arms? I’m looking for something a little different.
The frame rails are taller on a C30 vs a C10. Spindles & springs will get it close but not on the rails. You'll need about another 1.5". Do a pancaked x-member or z'd front frame, spindles, + bags & it will plant the x-member/rails.

The upper control arms on a 74 C30 are like pre-73 C10's utilizing the rubber lined steel bushing. Ball joints are interchangeable. The lower arms are also like pre-73 C10's as far as the bushings but utilize a larger OD lower BJ so they're not interchangeable.

What specifically are you wanting as far as modified a-arms?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote