View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
IndyAnne

Re: My 88 buildup on a tight budget

Hi, very nice job on your truck. I recently bought a red '88, long bed, extended cab, 5.7 gas, Silverado trim package. The exterior looks great because the previous owner had a body shop and he did some repairs and painting. Interior is pretty messy right now. Seeing your work gives me an idea of what is possible for this truck. I see you got the stereo with the black dash kit, with the little box where the factory radio was -- looks good. I'm hoping for a new stereo for Christmas, and all they have in stock at Best Buy is the black or gray dash kit. I saw the red available on ebay.

With your stereo, was it complicated to use the factory wiring harness, or is that a standard kind of swap?

Anyway -- I was wondering if you had to take your doors apart to put in new lock cylinders? I am having to do that right now, and it is a big pain. Is it possible to get the interior black metal door frame off without damaging the electric window controls and regulator?

I've searched the web for some photos, but have not found anything yet. I have the Chilton book with the breakdown of the parts involved in the interior of the door panels, but I need some pictures!

Anyway -- good job on your 88 rebuild. It looks great!
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote