View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #2512
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Finale.....

Came out and enjoyed the view, are some snacks in the form of Aldi fudge and peanuts with cashews mixed in.........

Mistake.

Minutes later............

Then a walk to look for a knife shop I had been told about.

Passed these guys, artisans for sure.

I love old skool skills like this.

We found the knife shop.

Prices were steep, stunning stuff but way out of my league at £150.00 for a folding knife.

Google Laguiole. Hand made art.

Then off to find a late lunch by 3pm.

While sitting there, on a large roundabout, I saw a few cars that seemed out of place in the new Paris rules.

Graffiti van....?

Paris seems to have a lot of small 125cc bikes, all built to look like famous bigger bikes, Harley lookalikes, TriTon, etc.

After lunch we walked some distance from the Sacre Coeur toward Moulin Rouge, and passed these shops.

Making it there in the end.

After this we took the Metro back to the hotel, picked up our stuff and then went to Carefour to pick up some nice French groceries. Before taking a bus to the station.

Onto Eurostar and home by 22.45

It was a great trip, but I was sorely disappointed by the lack of quirky retro Frnch cars as we knew them.

I would probably avoid Paris for that reason a next time and rather go more rural and get to enjoy local cuisine, transportation and architecture.

The French architecture is worth travelling for.

Back to work tomorrow for two,days, then somemtruck and yard time booked.

Thanks for looking in.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote