View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #3752
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

My friend Lee the lawyer in St Louis texted me this afternoon to ask what I was going to do now the “Money Shot” pic had been achieved and the Blazer was finished....?

Women....!!

What do they know.

I was actually down at the garage out on the drive, trying to figure why the radio had stopped working in the Blazer.

First clue was this, after I removed some mangled duck tape from it all.

Looking at the radio from underneath the dash.

Evidence of household wiring, duck tape, electrical box junctions and some crimped connections.

Clearly a brain surgeon in attendance.

How anyone can think that these sorts of repairs or installations are worth spit boggles the mind.

Mate Martin called me at some point in the afternoon to see what I was doing tomorrow as he is having a new screen fitted to his Porsche in the morning and then visiting someone a couple of miles from where I Live, so wanted to pop in and see how much fun I was having.

He suggested I remove the radio outright and start from the furthest point, repairing and replacing, soldering and heat shrinking all the wires in a more logical, decent and safe way.

Done.

Looking in there, the camera loses the perspective of just how badly it actually is behind and under the dash.

At 3’C or 35’F on the drive with a gentle breeze to aid the chill, and failing light at 4pm it seemed logical to call it a day for today.

Closed up shop and headed into the village to get a relay and some connectors to use on installing the LED light bar for reverse.

Friday night after a short week........

Rum-0-Clock.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote