View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #3762
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
Up North of Dennis wasn't much better! I had about 8 inches of that Beautiful STUFF, Thank God for a 2 stage snow blower. My Back can't take that Manual Dragline anymore.
I think they have too much space to deal with.

And a dragline... nope.

The Kent Breakfast Meet is a Facebook group, as long as it’s American, but not exclusive and not brand or, year and model specific

I had not attended for a couple of years since taking my 66 C10 apart for restoration.

Started and kept alive by El Presidenté, Gene, it is a great meeting, currently hosted by The Woodman pub at Goathurst Common, TN14 6BU in Sevenoaks with loads of parking and very willing staff, family owned, serving a variety of breakfast items, I chose a small breakfast today and good, bottomless coffee for £7.00. I always expect heartburn from these breakfast specials, no heartburn equates good quality food.

So a bunch of pics, hope you enjoy.

Meeting is every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 9.00am to 12.00 but we were still chatting in the car park by 12.45 today.

Bring the wife and kids.

Looking down at part of the car park. More were to come.

So got up at 8.00 am and moved cars about, then headed out via my local serviced gas station, added 40 litres of fossil fuel to my reservoir and hit the road at 70mph.

This Blazer does want to go.

Running down the M25 it went beautifully.

Got to the venue, parked up and took some random pics.

Then went indoors, got to meet with a bunch of guys I remember from before and more guys, new to me.

Best part of this meeting is that there is 100% no Dick-Swinging, just camaraderie and sharing of knowledge and friendship.

El Presidenté as a Gene is called tongue in cheek.

Does like a good fry up.

My diet sized breakfast still was more than sufficient

Once we had all eaten, chatted indoors, people floated outside.

It was a good day at 10’C or 50’F

Panel on air, supercharged.

Jag is a “new build”

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote