View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #4918
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Another quick job while on a Teams or was it Zoom meeting today, they get so tedious.

Sat with a big knife and my breadboard below the camera angle (my colleagues would be horrified) and cut the existing knob away.

Then hit hard times.

In fact, so hard that I had to go to the garage quickly to grind back the secondary knob as it was not going to let me cut it away.

Grabbed some magic in a tube, mixed on the back of a pizza box, dribbled into the new ally shift knob,

Followed by the shift lever.

Then set it to dry in the vice, brought it into the house later and laid it on the hot water radiator, hopefully to make it react faster to the heat.

You recall the swapping of rear light units.

Well, looking closer, these need some attention, grinder, DA, Compound I guess.

Not today though.

Once flatted back, polished etc, they should look just fine.

In another great Karma in action turn, I got a PM from @peteh1969 to ask if I was interested in some free 3D design work that @craigrk could print off, in order to create a more interesting cover for the holes in the bedsides of the truck.

The print files would also be sent to Andy in Oklahoma to print and then create aluminium castings for the truck.

So after sending me various designs and ideas, Pete finalised the one I had in mind.

This should be fun, and a massive Thank You to Pete.

Imagine these either in chrome paint, or the ally buffed to a nice shine.

Been a long day, I guess it is bedtime soon.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote