View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 05:35 AM   #4936
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Busy on a `Teams business meeting yesterday, the doorbell rang and rang.

So video off, voice off, and off to see who so desperately needed to speak to me.

Parcel Express Big red van out on the street, and a man with an electronic reader at the door.

Parcel.

Thanks to “Doc” for offering me these tools, to be shared with Fil Sparkplug as he needs a few bits.

The rest to be added into my tool trolley.

Not bad for £17.00 in shipping.

I have also just got to pick up at the station a new lodger with only an electric bicycle to get to work with........ He arrived at the local station, 7 miles from home at 8.30 last night.

There was no way one could leave him to find his way here in both the cold wet weather, but also in the dark.

Thankfully my Focus wagon just managed to fit it with a couple of inches to spare.

Guess his job??

Body man and painter, has worked for Aston Martin and Morgan, and the last job killed off by COVID-19 meant he needs to work locally in a commercial body shop.

Let’s see where it goes, not sure where it will end for him, but all good for now.

While checking the room and bathroom was fine on Tuesday, I realised the bathroom light switch had stoped working, typical.

So ran out to get a switch to replace the busted one, and on the way back, popped in to speak to the guy building this car......... to find out how he uses the resin/fibreglass filler that I am planning to use for the new to me, wheel centre caps.

So he has started on paint as well.

Kevin is an amazing guy, had Corona just after Christmas and last week a partial knee replacement, yet, with a bit of a limp, this 75 year old was bombing around his workshop.

Love people like that who never sit still.

Currently he is about to make and cast resin light lenses for the car as they are essentially unobtainable.

Back at my desk, fighting with the IT guys because part of a system was just not working (turns out I was the idiot, but I also managed to highlight a flaw the were not aware of in the system) the doorbell rang again, my pretty postie had come back a second time to deliver a parcel as my car was back on the drive, because I had been at Kevin’s on the way home when she had tried to deliver. What great service.

Parcel, obviously wrapped by a man, a REAL MAN !!!

How did I know this?

Ratio of Ducktape to parcel and then more brown tape, padding, polystyrene etc inside.

Of course a sharp knife and a fight to get inside.

Bloody brilliant !!!!!

Gift for the Rezin Rockit from Martin, Mucky Helmet, who years ago saved me around £4000.00 when I built the kitchen by facilitating my purchase as a trade buy.

Yup, it is still here, just been on the back burner a bit while the weather has been so rubbish.

Just beautiful

So they will be put on standby alongside the pair @KevinS had given me, I will rebuild them into one unit for left and right.

Soon enough.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote