Thread: Dead
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 06:57 PM   #44
crsgmc

Re: Dead

UPS just delivered my cap, rotor, and fuel pressure kit. I noticed that although a different brand, cap looked exactly like the old one from MSD. Exactly alike even the letter on the top of the cap. Installed the cap and rotor and the truck fired right up.

Questions:

What the heck, 14000 miles on a distributor? Not crazy about replacing it every 10000 miles. Do you think that I just got a bad one or am I going to have this again. Is there anything that is causing this problem. More than half the miles were put on the truck with the old coil and ICM. These parts did not fail when I replaced them. Could an old coil or ICM cause this?

I drove a couple of miles and immediately could tell it was different. I know this is going to sound crazy...........but. In the past when I would let up on the gas it tended to engine brake. This happened even if I was low in the gear range. Now when I let off the gas it just tends to glide down the road.

Lessons Learned:

I cannot look at the cap and rotor and tell if it was bad enough to be the problem. Some of you with more experience may see it but not me. I was sure that it was not going to fix the problem. It just did not look that bad. I was obviously wrong.

Thanks everyone for the help. I learned a few things along the way.
crsgmc is offline   Reply With Quote