View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #4979
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So promptly at 10.30ma red van, polished to an inch of its life, stopped on my driveway.

Chat, catch up, coffee, carport inspection etc, and we were off..... well, Dan was off, I just watched and kept him company.

I had washed the truck,yesterday, so he lathered it, and then got going with the clay bar.

Resulting in a load of grime getting removed, despite washing the car.

Also decided to remove the Fleetside badges, which was a bit of a pita.

And grubby as hell underneath

Once washed down, the clay removed the rest of the much.

Another coffee, followed by a hot water and wax shampoo wash.

Then dried off completely.

The next step was hand polishing the paint.

Starting to look real good.

And the smoothness was absolutely palpable.

Dan went around the truck, panel by panel.

And looking over the roof, the gleaming paintwork was obviously an improvement.

In the mean time, I used some Auto Glym, Bumper and Trim gel on the rear vinyl,cover.

By now, the ribs and chicken were all in the oven, with another 30 minutes to go, we went for a quick drive to Allhallows and then to Grain.

Of course Dan got to drive and I got the feeling that he was actually enjoying it.

It was the least I could do after he had spent three hours treating the S10 to nice shiny paint.

Then, Back home and dished up meat, and thick slices of Tiger bread and butter, unless you understand it, you never will.

After lunch, my mate Kevin came over to drop off something and Dan left for home as he actually does have a family as well.

Is ally got in at the same time, so it was cuppa tea, chat etc.

After that I took Kevin’s home to Maidstone, and then typically on the way back took a different route, that was a mistake, as the 4 way traffic light system was so slow I turned the car off altogether, three times while waiting to get to the road works.

Eventually made it home.

And grabbed a couple more pics nearby.

Amazing that despite it being near 5.00pm and overcast, you can still see the paintwork results of Dan’s work.

So I guess the question arises, as to whether I am happy or not.

Absolutely happy.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote