View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 02:37 AM   #9
Pampas56

Re: An odd project model

Update:

I just spent the last week on the Internet picking up parts for phase one of the "functional restoration" of my truck. A master rebuild kit and 3.73 ring/pinion set and brake hardware kit for the rear end. For the front, a suspension kit and master rebuilt kit for the front differential. It is already 3.73 out of a donor truck.

I was a bit nervous about the tab while I was shopping, but when I totaled it all up, it was just barely north of $900.00. Thank you Ron's Machining Service and especially Summer at Parts Geek.

This SHOULD cover everything on both axles except brakes and maybe wheel bearings. If anyone sees something I have missed, please let me know.

Now for a question for phase two.

The plan for the interior is to get rid of the 40/60 seat and replace it with a 60/40 seat from a newer rig. I am aware that a 95-99 seat is virtually a bolt in job. Maybe a few holes to drill or minor fab work on the seat/frame. Will a seat from this century (a) fit at all or (b) be too big a PITA to be worth the time?

I have a line on a grey set of seats (front and back) about 140 miles away, but would rather find a tan set. Any opinions on how light grey seats would look in a tan/brown interior? Remember, I am not going for show quality, just a decent looking work/play truck!

Thanks
Steve

1998 Dakota EC 250K miles- I guess I'm just a truck guy now!
Pampas56 is offline   Reply With Quote