View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #212
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Got a little rear brake line work done tonight. Started with installing a 90° stainless fitting into each caliper. I used plumbers tape to get a good seal. Using a wrench, I tightened it as far as I could while keeping it facing the right direction.

Next I installed the tee for the rear lines. GM used a brass tee here. I wanted to replicate that but I decided to go 3/16 brake lines on the whole system. So, the factory tee size won't work here. I found a triple 3/16 tee and paired it with nickel plated 3/8-24 to -3an adapter. The only way I could make this work was to fasten it all together with a super narrow base weld nut. I found one that was stainless and ground it flat. I used red loctite on this nut and got it as tight as I could against the factory mounting tab.

Next, I installed the rear brake lines. I went with a stainless pre-bent set from CPP. Ill need to alter a few bends, but these are really close right out of the bag.

Next, I installed the the stainless brake hoses to the calipers.

I'm not sure where I got this brake hose mounting tab kit, but it is up next. Long ago, I had the tabs nickel plated along with the clips. The only thing I didn't care for is how flashy these stainless bands are. So, I found some nice black ones to replace them with. I will just need to trim the stud later. I used a nickel plated 3/8-24 to -3an adapter with the mounting tab.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848

Last edited by omodified; 10-08-2022 at 10:55 PM.
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote