View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 05:03 PM   #939
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
well with the truck off i can press the pedal down (it is stiffer than when the truck is on) and it returns normal. it only does it when its running, i bench bled the master cylinder, then i bled the truck twice. i mean, i guess it could still be air but idk.

i popped the hood today and noticed theres a leak between the master and booster. the master i bought here off the board brand new, believe it was old stock. im thinking maybe a new booster and master is something i might be buying......again

im wondering if ONLY the master cylinder leaking could be causing the slow pedal return...i just dont want to have to pull the master, replace it, bleed out the system...only to realize the booster was bad too lol

I don't think the master cylinder could cause that, and I don't think it's air in the system. I guess I would be leaning towards the booster. Do you have an old booster you can try? You can change the booster without disconnecting the brake lines. Just unbolt the master and pull it forward enough to unbolt and remove the booster.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote