View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #14
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MARIO View Post
Just wondering what the engine angle.has been set to ? My dirty dingo mounts have my engine down 4.5 degrees. That angle.is causing drive shaft vibirations in my suburban. I cant get the engine lower without alot of cutting and fabricating. Your exhaust stsyem and transmission crossmember look really nice.
Thanks for dropping in to check out the images and give a comment. You’ve discovered what a lot of users of adapter plate mounts have and that is that their use comes with an engine height penalty in most applications that does not permit U-joint operating angles to be optimized in a bolt-on manner. Your case would be even more amplified due to the longer wheelbase of your Suburban compared to a short bed C10, especially if it’s lowered, The engine mounting brackets in the Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 swap system were designed along with the transmission crossmember to provide desirable U-joint working angles on trucks that have been lowered with the typical 4”/6” drop kits that are commonly used on these trucks. I don’t recall what the relative engine inclination angle that resulted from that effort is off of the top of my head, but I will find out and report back on it for you.
Posted via Mobile Device Follow-up: the resultant engine inclination angle ended up being 3.5 degrees relative to the bottom of the frame rail.

Last edited by toddoky; 08-19-2019 at 09:15 AM.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote