View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #384
SCOTI

Re: Project Old Blue, 1965 C10, Rebuild Version 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Well nothing really to note here on this build, just thought I would post that I am still moving toward finishing this one to be street ready and licensed soon. Biggest hurdle now is the exhaust and the wipers.

My daughter's cometion season started in January and I have traveled to 2 of her home meets in Lincoln, NE already. Just got back from one this past weekend. They are doing better then last year which was the team goal for the season and they are headed to the BIG10 Championship next weekend up in Columbus, OH. I will be at that meet too!

This weekend is the Good Guys Spring event in Ft. Worth at Texas Motor Speedway. I will have Henry out there and be hanging out with my son at the Sparc Industries booth with them this weekend.

Beyond all that, I have been working on a few custom LS Swap harnesses for others and have a couple more lined up. Been gathering parts and pieces to do complete custom one off harnesses for Gen 3 style swaps, both DBC and DBW. Hopefully, Korbin and I will be doing a LT swap into an El Camino for a local shop that is loaded up with work and looking to outsource this job. Looking forward to it if it all works out. I will be speaking with the shop owner this weekend to see what all he expects and when it would happen. Also, looking at doing full re-wires for hot rods and stuff this year...
Sounds like some promising possibilities.

Don't feel bad on actual truck progress. All I've done for mine is see how much cargo can be stacked in the bed area

I was just rekindling my wheel search @ the start of the month & the price increases are crazy (>$400 increase each since my last look). I was initially pumped as I found cheaper versions (price not quality) & thought "I'm 'gonna pull the trigger" only to see the others had the big price increase. I'm guessing it will be new rubber for the steelies & worry about upgrades later.

I'll look for you if I make it out there this weekend.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote