Thread: 55.2-59 Duramax Task Force Panel
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 01:51 PM   #32
daveshilling

Re: Duramax Task Force Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
while thats cool it would suck, in my opinion, for a daily driver or work style truck. too high off the ground and probably a leg burner getting in and out. gotta be a grab handle someplace or the steering column gets pulled out all the time (tilt steering wheel column really takes a licking). the wife would def not be coming for the ride without a step of some sort, great idea, just modify it a bit for what you want. I wonder how the little dirt bike gets on the roof rack, lol.
something closer to the ground would suit me better and would be totally doable but would need smaller tires or bigger wheel openings. for a work truck the deck height about like a stock chevy truck bed works better, especially at the end of a hard construction day when you just don't see your butt climbing up to pull a sheet of plywood off the top of the pile in the back. for a weekend warrior, the height may be ok because you don't get in and out that much probably. nothing against welderup stuff, they just aren't usually practical. more like show vehicles for the rat rod and patina crew with soot belching coolness.
We're not all old guys yet
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote