View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 11:29 PM   #9
mr48chev

Re: s10 suspension in an AD pickup.

S-10 swap is ok if all you have of the AD is a cab and a pile of parts that are supposes to be for that cab.
Back in the 90's you could drag S-10 logbeds out with blown up 4 cylinders out og peoples yards for free and maybe have tp give 100 bucks. Make up a set of cab mounts. joedoe makes and sells ones that work that still keep the budget in order.

Now guys buy a nice running and driving 3100, rip the very nice 3100 chassis out and pay 1500 for the Kit to set the body on the S-10 they paid 3K for. Because the spit and whittle club said that is the only way to go. That is what burns my biscuits. taking a real nice truck apart to stick a worn out work truck chassis under it and then changing half of that chassis to have it work right under an AD.

My old cab, parts from my donor cabs and a few more parts would make some guy a fair to middling chopped AD with suicide doors beater sitting on an S-10 chassis. I've even got the 51 4100 door post tag and paperwork for that cab. I'm not sure it would be worth the effort but the buy in on this end is mostly ones labor to help remove what i need to keep. I'm not sure what i am going to do with the left overs but the younger the guy who asks is the better the price. I was going to sell at a couple of swapmeets this year but don't see it happening right now. I am bunged up and so is my son in law.

Remember that you have never seen yhose talking heads at Barrett Jackson and Mecom auctions rave about the Wunnerful S-10 chassis under an AD truck. I don't think Barrett Jackson lets them in the auction or if they do they are sole early in the week with the other cheap cars.

There are too many options around now that weren't available in 2000.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote