View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 12:37 AM   #42
LT7A

Re: ThreeQuarter's 1968 C10 Build Thread

The truck and interior is looking startlingly good. And quite the wonderful backstory. I actually think you chose well on those seat belts and I actually think bIack would be too much of a contrast to the rest of your interior. GM tended to kind of match colors by family, rather than exact match in their interiors. I bet that you could soak the loose belts in a weak detergent solution, like laundry detergent and water. You could soak them for an hour and see if a little bit of the dye came out. And then you could soak them a little longer if you wanted to take more intensity out of it. You could even mix a weak solution of fabric dye with the color that you want to move them toward, if that makes sense. But I'll bet a little bit of soaking with detergent would help them blend nicely. Please understand that I haven't done this and don't want to wreck your new belts. But the ones that I've cleaned have held up very well to the rigors of cleaning. Maybe you can get a sample swatch from seatbelt planet and give it a test.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote