View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #15
Boog
laying low

Re: USPS shipping times.

Many of us have had bad experiences with the postal service through the years and it seems to be getting worse. There may be some postal workers members here and we don't mean to offend them but if the shoe fits...
I live in a population of about 25,000 just north of the capital about 50 miles. There is absolutely no reason it should take a standard letter 30 days to get here from there. It's happened more than once. On another occasion, a small soft mailer sent by 2 day mail took 10 days from Florida. 4 of those days it spent riding around in the wrong delivery jeep right here in town. I went to the PO and spoke to the head guy about it. He was of absolutely no help and even looked away as I was speaking to him. I wasn't yelling or cursing but I sure was mad and he appeared to be unfazed or concerned about it, like he was used to it and just ok with it.
I cancelled a magazine subscription this year since I was missing issues regularly. When I contacted them about it they showed some of them had been returned to them marked "undeliverable". That's crap. I've lived at the same address on a paved city street 30 years and mail box is easy to reach without even stepping out of the little jeep. How undeliverable is that?
Now the head USPS manager has this big plan to improve the postal service by slowing down deliveries, ordering new fleets of delivery vehicles (all electric I read), all the while rates will keep increasing.
We've all had issue with UPS and Fedex and damaged or missing packages too so what are we to do?
I'll go back to layin low now.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote