View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 01:35 AM   #109
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'62 POwer Brake Booster Adapter Bracket With A Clutch

Sorry but I do not know anything about that kit from POL. I am not in the business of building trucks for others. There are members here on the forum that I am sure have purchased that kit that can give their review of the parts. Just post up a thread asking that question in the '60-'66 message forum.

The '97 1500 booster is one of the many many compatible brake boosters, so yes that will work as well as bolting up a '73-'87 master cylinder.

The stock slave cylinder requires a clutch master with a 1" bore. I believe I have one of those in stock, but I will have to verify that tomorrow when I get to my shop.

I will send you a PM with ordering and payment info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetnat View Post
Hi Captain.
Newbie here. I have a 1962 Canadian GMC half ton. I am just getting started with putting disc brakes in the front. I would like to order one of your brackets, powder coated black.

My plan is to order the 6 lug disc brake conversion kit from Performance on Line, which I believe is based on the 73 to 87 years. Have you heard good or bad things about this kit? I got a booster from a 1997 Chev 1500, and am hopefully getting a master cylinder out of a 73 to 87. Do you know if that cylinder will fit with that booster? Does that sound like a good plan?

As for the bore size of the clutch slave, I don't know how to tell. I took some pictures on the weekend, but don't know how to post them. The engine is a 235 6 cylinder, and a three on the tree.

Any comments on my plan would be most welcome. How do I go about ordering the bracket from you?

Thanks.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote