View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #2648
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

I couldn't take not having my back window in anymore and waiting for various friends schedules to help me try and install my Houston Craigslist's (1984 era) factory like aluminum Sliding Window. So I paid a "come to your house" vehicle window installer. It must have been the easiest money they ever earned, as I had the full window already out and the gasket/SS Trim pre-installed on the slider window frame.

They were very nice local Kyle guys and they wanted to talk about my truck (a lot). They said they more often than not have to deal with rusty trucks and mine was a breeze! So overall, I feel good about supporting a local business. I still paid less than buying a new slider (the black pre-tinted ones) and that is with me driving to Houston and back.

Edit:
Added bonus - the tint that is on the Slider pretty much matches the new tint on my doors that I had put on late last year. It needs to be replaced but I don't need to do that any time soon!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote