Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 09:16 PM   #93
LT7A

Re: Penny

I haven't been on the site for a year, so I took a little time and got caught up on your build. Lots of cool progress. You should flip back through the photos and see how your engine bay evolves from a creature habitat to a propulsion system. It's cool to see.

Piece by piece, you're getting the whole rig back into shape. These are my favorite kind of builds both that I do and watch other people do. Where it's not about making something perfect, but catching up on the maintenance, fixing what's wrong, and getting it back on the road. And then other modifications can happen after that.

I've had old paint like that respond really well to a gentle process of iron fallout removal, clay bar, meguiar's number 7, light compound, light polish, and cleaner wax. You don't get that mirror shine that a lot of people go for, but I do it all by hand and it preserves as much paint as possible and brings out the luster.

I vote getting the turbo 350 rebuilt since they're basically bulletproof and not very expensive as far as rebuilds go.

If you were closer, I would be happy to lend you another jack stand. This makes for a cool picture but made me nervous just looking at it, haha. And thanks for keeping this up-to-date, I'll enjoy following along.
Attached Images

Last edited by LT7A; 09-23-2023 at 09:24 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote