View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 07:48 PM   #4
72c20customcamper

Re: Fitting rocker to pillar to footwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy nutcase View Post
I recently finished doing exactly what you are in the midst of on my 66. Hopefully yours went together easier than mine and what I mean is there wasn't one single piece that didn't need to be modified. On both sides I did front and rear cab floor supports, front and rear lower pillars, inner and outer rockers, footwells and part of the floor and not one escaped needing modification. Some were slight and some were severe. The bolt holes on that lower pillar on the driver's side needed to be elongated with a die grinder while the passenger side was so bad I cut the bolt flange off, welded on new and drilled new holes. You look look to have it locked down fairly well. 👍 My only suggestion is to tack it together where I indicated to see if the rocker is the right distance from the bottom of the door. The tacks can be removed to reposition because once it's burned in its too late.
I’ve always used self tapping screws to temporarily fit pieces . Easy to remove and just a hit with the welder fills the hole when everything is aligned .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote