View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
luvbowties

Thumbs up Re: Intermittent Fuel Delivery Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushingad View Post
I have been having a problem with the fuel delivery on my 72 K10 pickup with a 350ci. From what I can tell, gas is getting to the pump but not the carburetor when the problem occurs. The weird thing is that it may work for a week without a problem, but then one day it will just stop sending fuel to the carb, and may start back within 30 minutes or so of trying to crank and putting gas straight in the carb. I think it may be trash in the gas tank, because those old mechanical pumps usually either work or they don't. However when I pull the fuel line from the inlet on the pump, there is fuel coming out. It's not a ton of fuel pouring out but there is some fuel coming through the line.

Any Ideas?
Likely no number of filters will cure problems coming from trash in the fuel tank. It'll always eventually pull trash up to the pick-up sock and interrupt fuel flow. But 1st, replace the short piece of flex tubing connecting fuel pump intake to steel line[if so equipped], as it can collapse when pump tries to suck fuel thru. Also, ensure the tank is not under a vacuum, often caused by ventless gas caps.
Hope you luck,
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote