Thread: 55.2-59 Lost 56
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 01:48 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: Lost 56

I'd say it was an honest offer in Mississippi. About half of what a flipper would ask in Michigan or the rest of the rust belt though. Bad part is that 5 years from now and after five more years of watching pickers and the flipper shows and watching those Texas street machine builders pay exorbitant prices for hulks the truck will sitting in the same spot and the guy will swear it is worth three times as much.

The "great patina" nonsense doesn't add a penny to the value for me except that the seller isn't trying to hide anything with a quick coat of primer or cheap paint as they did back in the 70's. If that truck had been put up for sale in the 70's they would have spent half a day sanding it, shot on a couple coats of primer and put it up for sale or shot a quick and nasty original color paint job on it with 25 buck a gallon paint.

Still I am not going to tell anyone he did wrong by not offering more than he felt it was worth to him at the time and more than he felt he wanted to spend. Not all of us are Daddy Deep pockets with huge amounts of expendable money. Even some who can well afford it don't throw money around to be throwing money around.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote