View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
gulledge4621

Arrow Possible New Project for a New Kid

Found this online the other day and it seemed to be a completely ideal started truck to build into a mean head turner. Not looking for it to be anything for show, just a bit lower, reliable, and a project to enjoy.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/2580900676.html

Called the owner who was nice fella who informed me of the 'restoring' necessary for it to be a better vehicle. Floor boards would need to be replaced due to rust of course, not a problem in my book. I know people with welders and metal working skills. The problems arose with the engine and a 'knocking' sound which he deduced through his knowledge of his truck to be a bad valve or something of the sorts.

Essentially I think the best way to sum it up and ask for an opinion from the gurus here on this wonderful forum to whether this is a project worth undertaking considering my condition as a college attending 20 yr old. My motives say yes, but Im completely unexperienced in the realm of old trucks or vehicles in general.

All input is appreciated, and yes, I do know the search button will be my best friend on a forum as info packed as this.
gulledge4621 is offline   Reply With Quote