View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 02:45 AM   #19
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

a little more progress.i heard back from the transmission guy with a report of what he found once he pulled the trans apart,it was in great shape,just old and he gave me a list of the parts he needs to freshen it up and back together,parts are ordered and will be here next week.a couple of the parts he needed were discontinued from GM,not available on Rock Auto or anyplace local,i did find them on Ebay but from sellers who wouldn't ship to Canada or would but more for shipping than the price of the parts so i'm sending them with free shipping to a member buddy in New Hampshire and he'll mail them to me,more than one way to skin a cat??my engine machine work is done and all the parts waiting for me at the machine shop.some day through the week,i'll run to Halifax and pick it all up and get going re-assembling my engine.today i reinstalled all the original brake lines,gas lines and power steering hoses after cleaning them all,i do have new power steering lines but didn't use them,nothing reproduction is going to be as nice as the originals.i did replace with new,front brake flex hoses,just because the old ones worked but were originals,50 years old.the new motor mounts painted and installed.tomorrow i think is an inner fender day,for some reason,both of them are bent around the inner flange parallel to the truck frame?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote