View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 10:53 PM   #20
caseyjones

Re: 1964 GMC Palomino Tan Survivor

This truck wants to mangle my hands. Smashed a finger while replacing balljoints, too. But I'm pretty much healed up now.

Got everything put together on the rear end. Just lots of grinding out rivets and replacing with 3/8" grade 8 bolts. I started with 5" drop springs and 2" blocks.

Front end has new ball joints and outer tie rod ends. CPP modular drop conversion spindles, and standard squarebody brakes. Going with a manual brake setup, 1" bore master cylinder...we'll see how it does on the street. I ended up with a pair of mystery front springs...might be 1.5" drop cheapies from ebay.

I used a CPP intermediate shaft assembly...ended up making a frankenstein rag joint from my old one, since the new one had a flat and my steering box is fully splined. Ground the DD using somebody's method on here with a block of wood as a guide...worked awesome!

And this is what it looks like in the driveway, before and after:

It's low...probably equivalent to a 5.5/7 drop. I have the c-notch, so I have to decide if I want to leave it here...

Radiator is getting repaired now. When that comes back I can start putting some miles on it and see what else is broken!

And I'm also thinking about a big back window conversion...

Last edited by caseyjones; 09-21-2021 at 11:12 PM.
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote