View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Picture Thread:Cool Little GM Trucks

I get all crazy when I find anything old. When newer stuff started coming out I though,"Big deal.That stuff's all over the place" or "It's cool,but nothing rare" or "That's new China stuff". My whole collecting interest has always been in buying what used to be,like made in USA,or just things that show how things used to be. Then I realized since I like these trucks so much I should be collecting anything "GM truck". I've paid the price for passing up Hot Wheels I could have had for a buck. I just finally found a Jada 1/64th yellow and white Cheyenne from that pack and paid about $15. I still need that black with flame one. They are near impossible to find.
I have a couple of those Avon trucks. I looked at those for years,but thought collecting Avon was not for me. Well,I don't collect Avon,but Avon just happens to have made a cologne/talc package that sure looks like a GM Truck...and it's a camper!!

Ertl 1/24 pressed steel:

Matchbox GMC:

Hubley GMC:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote