View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 05:05 PM   #339
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
As long as those different products are chemically compatible, why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Yeah, I would be most worried about chemical compatibility. If that checks out, then I think it will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
It's generally not best practice to spray polyester over 2K urethane.
In the end, just read the TDS for the products you're using but I would be leery of polyester over 2K.
Thank you guys for your thoughts. I went back and re-read the TDS and apparently I assumed the 2K would be an acceptable substrate based on the other things listed as acceptable. On the list are fiberglass, SMC(?), rigid plastics, body filler or putty, epoxy primer, and etch primer. 2K isn't actually listed, but "pre painted surfaces" are on there... I guess that's why I made that assumption. Anyways, I'm glad I asked.

I've seen the nice paint work you fellas have done before which proves you know what you're talking about. I've ordered another gallon of urethane 2k to continue on. My son has a Toyota Tundra he intends to paint in the relatively near future so I'll save the Feather Fill G2 for that truck's body work repairs.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote